Brilliant Brighton;

As keen as I am to travel abroad to the luxurious multiples of countries awaiting me, I thought it was quite important to check out my own country, too. And so I did...

Brighton, December 2014

Today I made my way on the train from Bexhill to Brighton, a short but beautiful sea coast journey. As the train crossed the high railway over looking the city, I wondered where I was? The town was so amazing, the orange fire surfaced on top of the tall buildings at the town below - it looked futuristic in a way. I guess I might have been expecting a beach vibe straight off, but I was wrong.

The town was fantastic! So many shops to choose from. Of course, Plymouth has it's variety of different shops and has seemed much more appealing than Bexhill has been, but Brighton was even better!

I'd always been a lover of Cath Kidston, but I'd never visited a shop before and I'm so glad I now have - it was everything I'd love my future home to be like!

I made my way straight to the pier after realising I'd only have 23% left of charge for the whole day - bummer. Who makes those kinds of mistakes? Oh wait, me! 

Passing the busy crowds of Christmas hunting shoppers, I followed the path straight towards the blue sea at the end of the road. Many people sat down on the stones; some reading, some families playing games by the water, some couples relaxing out in front of the glistening sun which made me forget it was cold December. The beach was ever so peaceful and I had the pier in my views just a little further along the path.

The scent of fish and chips filled the air and I made my way towards the stoned platform overlooking the water to take an ever so touristy photograph. Out came the iPhone... along with roughly 3 other visitors to take the same pictures!

I then decided to take towards the stones to write in my journal, the first use of my new buy! I sat right next to the shore, so I could hear the waves and flock of seagulls calling for food - just like home! I wrote what I saw, what I was thinking and I had made the first page of my book.

I then knew what I'd use this journal for. I'd write about my day trips around the UK - telling about where I was sat, what I was doing and how I felt - telling about my UK journeys!

Here are some photos of Brilliant Brighton:


My pretty little journal that looks like it belongs in the Hobbit.

Taken from the Pier overlooking the sea front city.

Brighton Pier!

Gel pens - I love anything glitter!!!

I'm a sucker for anything cute and homely - especially this seaside stall!


Crazy Mouse @ The Pier

@ The Pier

Turbo @ The Pier

Doesn't that view make you want to sit down and watch the sea all day? 

The Shops

After I strolled around the sea side looking at all the glory the sunshine had to offer, my phone eventually died and it was clear that it was now time to shop! Well, when I say shop - I mean window shopping... I promised myself I would save money!

The winding paths lead to various shops and stalls and the city of Brighton looked lovely with the glistening Christmas decorations hanging from each building. I made my way through the steepest of paths between 2 buildings, which quite frankly I only found as I followed the other people exploring the city. 

The shopping centre was absolutely enormous, and completely rammed with Christmas shoppers. It was quite hard to move around at some points! 

I found Bershka, one shop which had heart breakingly closed down in Plymouth and I had not visited in over 2 years and next door was Zara Home - oh my goodness, how had I only just found this magical place?

It was clear that Brighton was an excellent place to shop until you dropped and I will most definitely bare it in mind if I win the lottery and need to update my wardrobe. Brighton had been a pleasure to venture to and I am glad I've now visited the city, as it was a glorious day in the sunshine.



For now... I await London town next weekend, exciting!

Speak soon,

Lauren x


Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram