Starring in my first film

As a member of staff of the city council, I do find myself being invited to slightly random and odd events or conferences which any normal 18 year old wouldn't normally be interested in (sorry, gotta be honest!).

One of the most recent outings was at the Civic Centre, a building which had been part of the council for many, many moons. I heard that a filming company had asked if they could use the building and surrounding area for some filming, which isn't something entirely out of the blue for Plymouth with its lush sea views! Of course, my interest wondered a little bit as I was curious as to what the film would be about, why they wanted to use the Civic and most importantly... were there going to be any famous faces?





Turns out the request was for a new Comic Strip Presents film, which would be shown from the 60's era (hence the old building!) and a few famous names were to be taking part. From the wonderful Johnny Vegas, to Harry Enfield, Russell Tovey, Maxine Peake, James Buckley (Inbetweeners Jay), Eleanor Matsuura & Stephen Mangan!


Myself and another colleague didn't hesitate to ask whether our assistance was needed, taking full advantage of our council tags and "spare time". The crew were more than happy to include us as extras in the comic film, exciting times!




Arriving for my first day on set as a Sun Office extra, I was greeted and dressed in 60's (very beige) attire and directed to the hair and make-up room. Sat amongst the likes of Russell Tovey, Russell Tovey's dog and Johnny Vegas as you do...



Surrounded by frizzy-un-brushed hair and bright coloured eye shadow, I was kind of disappointed to not be sporting blue eyes and a funky back comb up-do. We waited for our time to shine, expertly pretending to be busy and type-write in the busy realist Sun Office which was once an open plan office but now a dressing room, 2 offices, a main office area and filming screen!


I kind of got used to the star life, waiting to be shown to our desks and posing behind the actors as they took their parts. Its a very repetitive but interesting lifestyle...






What a great experience, though! Its something I can definitely say I've never done or looked into before but now I have been involved in a film, I want to do it all over again! Actors are strange to explain. They are ordinary people, such as celebs which people think so highly of, they are ever so similar to me and you. Normal people. It's a nice thing to learn!

The film will be shown on Sky Gold at 9pm, Wednesday 20 Jan. Enjoy!

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram