Future plans that I will NOT break



For anybody who reads my posts and knows me personally, will know my deep love for travel and holidaying - In fact, it’s usually all I ever talk about!

As I’m currently nearly 4 months into my marketing apprenticeship, it’s still early doors and I know I have quite a bit of work to do before I even complete my course – so planning ahead is my little way of keeping focused and having something to work towards!

Whilst being in an apprenticeship is great n all, it also can sometimes feel like you’re a little tied down. It’s a really great opportunity and as an ambassador – I am completely pro-apprenticeships! – but I do also feel that whilst working in a full time role and having modules to complete along the way, the feeling of planning ahead feels distant. Much like university or college students may feel, but of course not quite as much stress!!

So… defying all workloads that I currently have, I’ve decided to create a work/travel/life action plan for the next couple of years of my life – being 19 years old now and planning until I turn 21/22 – including the rest of this year and the amazing plans I’ve created so far!

I’ve always wanted to work with animals as I am completely besotted with them, especially big cats! They’re my absolute favourite! Not forgetting monkeys, elephants, koalas, giraffes… the list goes on!

Naturally, everybody (even if they deny it) can fall in love with the beautiful Australia, and having visited the country myself – which you can read about HERE – I have my heart set on returning and finding work… then travelling a little more of course!

Following my love for animals, I’ve also fallen in love with the idea of visiting/travelling around Africa, going on safaris, working with the animals and in/around the game reserve – Africa looks and – from the reviews and blogs I’ve read about it - sounds so, so beautiful.

Another place that I just HAVE to go to is Asia. I’ll be travelling to Thailand for 2 weeks at the end of this year, between November and December when it’s nice n hot. This will be a mini taste for the country and the beautiful islands surrounding the main cities, etc. I also really want the opportunity to work with the elephants and monkeys in Asia – possibly even the animal hospitals whilst gaining some more skills to bring home!

America, Tokyo, South America, Brazil, Iceland, Singapore, Bali + Indonesia, Cambodia… you name it, I wanna go! And although I feel like I NEED to see everywhere right now – the more I grow and learn a bit about life, the more I realise that you should enjoy the moment and not everything has to be a rush – which is kind of the reason for my planning J
My action plan:
I currently work for the city council in Plymouth as an apprentice – as mentioned above – so I will need to consider finishing this course before any of the magic really happens. This brings me to around February/March or possibly April 2017 by the time I finish! I will then hope to continuing working at the council until the end of summer 2017 (August/September or October).

Of course this year I have a few things planned, such as: Helsinki - Finland, Venice - Italy, Santorini – Greece, LA – Las Vegas – Grand Canyon – Yosemite – San Francisco – New York – Orlando – America, Bangkok – Koh San – Koh Phi Phi – Thailand and hopefully Amsterdam or another long weekend away in Europe during the summer months. I also have a few festivals/events I’ll be working at and a festival to go to in the summer – exciting!!
I’ll be going away in the first few months of 2017 – using up my annual leave with work – but after this I will be hard-core saving for my plans ahead!

During the summer of 2017, I would like to take 2-4 weeks to do an African safari and work with the precious animals around the game reserves – this will all be whilst saving up for the future months J

Tip: working/volunteering with animals in countries like Africa or Asia are a great option for experiencing travel and animal wildlife – and the tours on offer or programmes are so CHEAP!!
Once I have come to the end of my working career with the council during the final few months of the year, I will jet off with my hard earned savings and take some time to appreciate Bali and Singapore before heading off to Australia just in time for the summer!

I will work in Aus, doing a week or two of exploring before I settle into some work (I assume I’ll be working – you never know! But fingers are crossed!) and I’ll hopefully live + work in Aus or some 6 months or longer to gather more savings and starting to plan some more travelling.

As I’ll be turning 21 in February 2018, I will then be old enough to go to America and really enjoy myself – revisiting the places I loved during my visit later this year and also exploring places I haven’t yet seen – such as Florida Keys, Miami, Palm Springs, etc.

Depending on where life takes me, I’ll either try to settle into a job + life in America and really experience living in the USA – or I’ll continue my venture onto South American places like Rio, Brazil, Costa Rica OR I’ll explore luscious Canada and try some snow-boarding or something!!

Whichever way I go, or my money takes me, I’ll travel to Europe again at some point and do some learning about history, art and romance in beautiful Italy. I’ve fallen in love with Italy – it’s so special.

I feel that travelling around Europe is so important, especially since I live in Europe myself! There is so much to learn, see and do in the many different countries and I promise myself that I’ll spend time to experience it all.

Upon returning home, whenever I’m ready (never…) I’ll be sure to work a season away in a part destination – enjoying life to the maximum! I’ve always said I wanted to go to Ibiza for my first time when I turned 21, so we’ll see where I can fit that one in…

After all of this, I’ll probably be severely bitten by the travel bug and never want to return home. But with little ones growing away, small cousins becoming teens and brothers and sister becoming their own person, I’ll have to go back! And then hopefully find work within STA Travel… mwahaha!

So there’s my plan for the next few years! I try to see as much as I can whilst working with a small 25 days of annual leave policy – I visit as many places, even if it’s for a few days or a week, and then I’ll know where I want to see more of, where I enjoyed and places I can leave for a little while whilst I experience many other magical worlds.

Let me know what you think guys! Any suggestions – fly them across!

Of course I’m not forgetting dream locations like the Maldives, Caribbean and Bora Bora… but those pretty places are on the list and to be continued!



Thanks for reading, Lauren x 

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram